[LINK] Power failure lasting 36 hours cripples hospital care

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Wed May 6 10:11:14 AEST 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> At 09:36 AM 6/05/2009, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
>> The chief executive of Sydney West Area Health Service, Steven Boyages,
>> said hospital blackouts that lasted more than 30 to 60 minutes were
>> unacceptable, but the Health Minister, John Della Bosca, insisted
>> patients were not put at risk. "At no time was there any threat to
>> patient care or safety," he said yesterday.
>
> The minister was just damn lucky.
>
> Scenario in 10 years or so when all the hard copy docs and nurses are
> out of the system:
> Gen X doctor: what's film?

After seeing that silly quiz show last night, I think it's actually Gen Y
that would make that statement.

Compared to Gen X, Gen Y looks like a vacuous, twittery, airheaded and self absorbed
ignorant bunch.   At least the Gen X'ers were funny and intelligent!

rachel  (according to the tv show, I am a baby boomer)

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html