[LINK] new IT council

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon May 11 22:24:25 AEST 2009

stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> BIOGRAPHY – Mr John Grant – Managing Director, Data#3 Pty Ltd
>
> John has a degree in Engineering with Honours
> from the University of Queensland and worked
> as a civil engineer with the
> Brisbane City Council from 1970 until 1980.

I am assuming that John Grant studied civil engineering, which was
probably a requirement for working as a civil engineer with Brisbane
City Council.

What is it with the IT industry that we have so many people in senior
positions in industry bodies, vendors and user IT departments with no
formal qualifications in Electronics or Computer Science?

I don't suppose there is relationship between this observation and the
extraordinary number of large scale IT project failures?

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn