[LINK] Clouded Vision

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sat May 16 18:21:06 AEST 2009

On 2009/May/16, at 1:56 AM, Roger Clarke wrote:
> (2)  can any designer [sorry, they don't exist any more, I mean
> programmer] actually be fool enough to make an application dependent
> on an optional extra ?? :
> "[Leigh] complained that she couldn't access her bank account online,
> because the bank needed Google Analytics -- Mountain View's web
> traffic analysis utility -- to work"

I use firefox and noscript and generally I have not found the need to
enable google-analytics.  Most things work OK.  I have always wondered
what it did anyway but never really been bothered to find out.  So
many sites use jscripts from google-analytics.

Kim

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant