[LINK] Green web servers with netbook components

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Wed May 20 08:38:43 AEST 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, Adrian Chadd wrote:

>> PCs and PC motherboards don't really fit into this infrastructure model.
>
> Only because the infrastructure model that almost all companies these
> days are believing is what came out of the microcomputer industry and
> NOT what has come out of the mainframe computer industry.
>
> Funny, really...

Which is why Sun was sold off so cheap and Oracle realises what a bargain
it has buying the SPARC/CMT stack, which is their core business.

Hopefully with Oracle continuing to allow Sun's R&D into chip tech,
we will continue to see an alternative to the very limited
playing field for CPU architecture in the data centre.

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html