[LINK] Democrats launch anti-filtering site

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu May 21 05:49:13 AEST 2009

On 20/05/2009, at 5:53 PM, Lea de Groot wrote:
> (But one should be careful with 'cheap' hosting. A lot of the time,
> you get what you pay for...)

Yes, I keep reminding clients that the cost of processors and storage
and bandwidth are always dropping, while the cost of human
understanding and expertise is always rising.

There's been more than one 15yo who reckons they can lease a server in
a hosting centre like ServePath http://servepath.com (who I use),
install a control panel like cPanel http://cpanel.net and sell shared
hosting. And then their machine get hacked and they're on cPanel's
forums pleading for someone to tell them what to do. I pity their
customers.

> I figure that  if others can discuss whether one processor is good or
> multiple processors more approriate (or something like that. I don't
> deal in hardwre) then others of us can worry over the minutiae of just
> what domain extension should be chosen for a given use :)

Oh, surely only MY soapbox points are the truly valid ones? ;)

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia