[LINK] Broadband Around the World

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri May 22 09:00:53 AEST 2009

At 07:48 AM 22/05/2009, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>June 2008 subs - 3,269,000
>Income to June 2008 - $1.805 billion
>Approx ARPU - $A46 per month
>In USD - $34.50 per month
>
>So: the ARPU for the largest ISP in the country is more than US $20 below the
>"average" subscription price.

Do we know if OECD is using median instead of the mathematical
average that you just calculated? Your lower calculation may be
because of the numbers of people who buy at the entry point for
faster speed, but don't do much so don't spend what used to be a
premium for overquota data. [I think Bigpond switched to throttling
instead of extra charging at outrageous $/Mb prices.]

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/