[LINK] strategic technologies

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Mon Nov 23 10:17:06 AEDT 2009

On 23/11/2009, at 4:16 AM, Frank O'Connor wrote:

> At 1:15 PM +0000 22/11/09, stephen at melbpc.org.au quoted:
>> Cloud Computing
>
> Sorry, but the only problem cloud computing solves is the generating
> of a perpetual income stream for the providers.
>
> Otherwise, it's a solution in search of a problem.

I detect a high level of cynicism in your response, Frank

I'm not in the 'perpetual income stream' category (as much as I would like it to be so), but my clients couldn't be happier. They pay for what they need, and when they need it. The arrangement allows them to avoid capital expenditure, staffing and maintenance.

Having said that, wasn't it Larry Ellison who noted that cloud computing is defined as 'everything that we currently do'?

iT