[LINK] strategic technologies

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Mon Nov 23 12:03:56 AEDT 2009

On 23/11/2009, at 11:01 AM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> BTW, an interesting observation is that the 50% smallest government
> agencies, those who probably have the greatest requirements for
> standardised solutions account for well under 5% of total Federal
> Government ICT spend. Putting all those agencies into a cloud
> environment might sound like a good idea, but it would be a lot of
> effort for not much return.

That pretty much matches my observation: but each agency will undoubtedly continue to work in isolation for a long time to come, so choosing individual cloud arrangements for niche needs will be simpler than choosing to amalgamate service delivery with other agencies.

However, I wasn't thinking of just small government agencies: I was in the SME space earlier this morning.

The cloud metaphor leads me to wonder what happens when we get nothing but sunny days, one after another?

iT

--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com
ph: +61 (0)418 244 259 fx: +61 (0)2 6286 8742 skype: callto://ivanovitchk