[LINK] FTTH and broadband

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Tue Nov 24 17:29:17 AEDT 2009

Yes, an interesting article. In the nineties a medium sized Telco had
the same problem in Oz.
Stay with Northbridge or switch to that newfangled Cisco stuff.

Fortunately they listened to the rabid consultant (moi) and switched.
Which of course means that Austyralia has a kick-ar** Fibre backbone
with no lag for additional protocol switching.
Now if they could just get the interconnects right.......
Shame about the HFC though..... I did point out to them the problems
that C&W were having with it in the Pacific Northwest, but no-one
listened to me on that one.

Tom