[LINK] Amazon.com not supporting Australian authors

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Oct 9 17:45:12 AEDT 2009

Jan Whitaker wrote (was: Re: [LINK] Kindle available for Australia):
> website has info about cost, functions ... 3G and EDGE/GPRS distribution ...

I tried distributing my Green ICT book via Kindle, but discovered you
require a US address, US bank account and US tax information to use
Amazon's system. Amazon already send payments to my Australian address
for their  associates program, but are not offering his for kindle.

As a result it looks like the Kindle will be exclusively for US
publishers selling to the rest of the world:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2009/10/amazon-not-supporting-australian.html>.

>... can load your own personal stuff via usb. ...

Can you load directly via USB now? You used to have to load your own
stuff via Amazon.com. If you can load directly, that could be very
useful for education, providing a lightweight alternative to a netbook.
As noted in a previous posting, the Kindle appears to be reasonably
compatible with e-learning courseware formats:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2009/10/international-version-of-amazon-kindle.html>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au