[LINK] QLD Live Online Forum Today

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:10:23 AEST 2009

Another development in online government participation.  I wonder what
technologies they'll use?

<http://www.premiers.qld.gov.au/community-issues/open-transparent-gov/online-forum.aspx>

My word, the QLD Govt websites are nice these days.

   George

Bligh prepares for first live online 'accountability' consultation

By Kerrin Binnie

Premier Anna Bligh has invited people to take part in Queensland's
first live, online forum to discuss government accountability.

Ms Bligh is hosting the online integrity forum which begins at 1:30pm AEST.

She says if today's online integrity forum is a success, the State
Government might adopt the idea for other consultation processes.

Ms Bligh says she will join Attorney-General Cameron Dick, the
Integrity Commissioner and others, to discuss Government
accountability with the public.

"It doesn't matter how many public consultations you have in a state
like ours, you always run the risk on missing out on people who've got
something to contribute," she said.

"So we've never done this before and today's the first opportunity to
do on-air, live interactive consultation with Government."

Ms Bligh says it is a good opportunity for rural Queenslanders to have
their say.

"Queenslanders will have a chance to put their questions to myself as
Premier, the Attorney-General and members of my integrity round table,
including the integrity commissioner David Solomon, academics," she
said.

"This is an opportunity for very rigorous and robust debate online, live."

--
George Bray, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.