[LINK] plug-in-hybrid-vehicles and grids

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Mon Sep 7 15:26:08 AEST 2009

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 at 14:55:37 GMT stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> In 2010, Ford will sell a plug-in-hybrid-vehicle Ford Transit van.

Plug-in-hybrid? That's a new one on me. From what I see, it just
combines the disadvantages of hybrids and all-electric vehicles.
Obviously someone thinks it's a good idea.

On a different tack: how come compressed air hybrids get so little media
coverage? They're said to be more efficient than battery hybrids, under
some conditions. Not sexy enough?

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.name        |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                   --Winston Churchill