[LINK] Flash is Ugly, Ugly, Ugly

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Fri Sep 11 14:08:42 AEST 2009

I wanted to look at QANTAS Round the World fares.

That part of the site demands Flash 10.  (As if you can't do an
interactive map with anything other than Flash 10.  And as if you
can't construct a sequence of ports-of-call without an interactive
map).

I opened a little-used browser (Camino), with the intention of
installing it there, and closing it again.

When I agreed to download the Installer, it:
-   told me it will install in *all* browsers
-   offered no options
-   forced me to click things so that it could close open browsers
-   when I fiddled around trying to find options, it fell over

The site appears to offer no other approach:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/instructions/

Is anyone aware of a way to install Flash 10 in only one browser?

If not, then:
(a)  there's a concrete reason never to install Flash 10
(b)  there's a bunch of web-sites that I won't be visiting again
(c)  the word should be spread around that Adobe is becoming a very
      bad corporate citizen

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916