[LINK] Google search box

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Fri Sep 11 15:37:19 AEST 2009

On 11/09/2009, at 3:23 PM, Roger Clarke wrote:

>> Ivan Trundle wrote:
>>> Is it just me, or has Google's search box at google.com become much
>>> larger (styled font, larger size) and the 'Search' button now an
>>> image?
>
> At 15:17 +1000 11/9/09, Avi Miller wrote:
>> Yes, on purpose:
>> http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/now-s-u-p-e-r-sized.html
>
> Either they're having a lend of themselves, or the days of genuinely
> innovative thinking from Google are past ...

Completely agree. What tripe. If I want to use a larger font, I'll
make my browser use a larger font. Now I'm going to have to craft a
style sheet to override the change.

To Linda and James - when you've logged into Google as a user (Gmail
etc), and retain a cookie to show this, you can elect to have search
results open in a new window (and other settings), but I've now found
that this is now tied to your country of origin, so I can no longer
use google.com but rather have to use google.com.au to get these
settings to apply. This is what I object to, as I prefer to search
from google.com, not .au.

This is a retrograde step. And the silly styled 'Google Search' and
'Im Feeling Lucky' buttons are ugly as all getout, and superfluous.

iT