[LINK] Viewing public government data with Windows Azure and PHP

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Sat Sep 12 16:27:20 AEST 2009

Viewing public government data with Windows Azure and PHP: a cloud
interoperability scenario using REST
MSDN blogs
http://blogs.msdn.com/interoperability/archive/2009/09/10/viewing-public-government-data-with-windows-azure-and-php-a-cloud-interoperability-scenario-using-rest.aspx

This week Microsoft is participating in the first Gov 2.0 Summit
<http://www.gov2summit.com/> produced by O'Reilly Media, Inc. and
TechWeb in Washington D.C., to explore how technology can enable
transparency, collaboration and efficiency in government. Today, we're
pleased to present a cloud interoperability scenario which takes
advantage of the recently announced Toolkit for PHP with ADO.NET Data
Services to view public government data with Windows Azure and PHP.

As you may recall, few weeks ago, Microsoft announced the Toolkit for
PHP with ADO.NET Data Services, a new bridge enabling PHP developers to
connect to .NET using a RESTful architecture. Today, we've published a
cloud interoperability scenario where a Windows Azure application
exposes data in a standard way (XML / Atom) and how you can simply
“consume” this data from a PHP web application. This scenario takes
advantage of the Open Government Data Initiative (OGDI), another piece
of Microsoft's Open Government effort, built on the foundation of
transparency, choice and interoperability.

.... etc

--

Regards
brd