[LINK] Computers, Freedom, and Privacy: June 15-18, 2010

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Mon Sep 28 07:33:49 AEST 2009

Smart phones, social networking, and the "internet of things" let us
integrate the online world and computers more deeply into our lives.
Should we have to give up our freedom and privacy in to reap the
benefits of a constant connection to friends and information?  How are
attitudes towards freedom and privacy changing for those who have grown
up so accustomed to an always-connected environment?  What about those
who aren't participating because they lack access to technology and
knowledge -- or who simply prefer more traditional forms of connection?
How do we take advantage of the power of computers to improve freedom
and privacy online and off?

To address those critical questions and more, the 20th annual ACM
Computers, Freedom and Privacy conference converges for the first time
ever in Silicon Valley.

*CFP 2010.  June 15-18, 2010, in San Jose California and cyberspace.*

Please save the date -- and pass the word.  CFP has spent the last ten
years describing itself as "the best conference you've never heard of."
We'd much rather be "the best conference everybody's talking about!"

We're still discussing potential themes and speakers for CFP 2010.  If
you've got ideas, or would like to help with the planning, please share
them on the CFP blog at http://cfp.acm.org/wordpress/?p=6

Once we nail down the theme, we'll get the official call for
participation out ... stay tuned!

Jon Pincus and Dorothy Glancy, CFP 2010 co-chairs

http://www.cfp2010.org/

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916