[LINK] MS new antivirus package

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Wed Sep 30 09:53:34 AEST 2009

anyone looked at this yet?

Microsoft releases free antivirus software
September 30, 2009 - 9:30AM

Be the first to comment

Microsoft on Tuesday released free software that people can use to
protect computers against viruses, spyware and other malicious codes
in arsenals of cyber criminals.

Microsoft Security Essentials is available for download at
microsoft.com/security_essentials and is built on technology that the
global software giant uses in computer security programs it designs
for businesses.

"With Microsoft Security Essentials, consumers can get high-quality
protection that is easy to get and easy to use, and it won't get in
their way," said Amy Barzdukas, general manager for consumer security
at Microsoft.

"Consumers have told us that they want the protection of real-time
security software but we know that too many are either unwilling or
unable to pay for it, and so end up unprotected."

Microsoft hopes that the free software will be broadly adopted,
particularly by those who have not been vigilant about protecting
computers from hackers, and thereby "increase security across the
entire Windows ecosystem."
Microsoft Security EssentialsAvailable For Download (30 September 2009)
  http://www.theage.com.au/technology/security/microsoft-releases-free-antivirus-software-20090929-gav1.html
  http://snipurl.com/s83q3

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com