[LINK] google 3d street view

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Thu Apr 1 23:05:10 AEDT 2010

On Thu 2010-04-01 16:24:12 UTC+1100, Kim Holburn (kim at holburn.net) wrote:

> I was looking at google street view in Lyneham just now and it has
> this weird icon of a face with red-blue 3D glasses on top of it's head
> and when I click on the icon it puts on the 3D glasses on and the
> street view turns into a red-blue 3D view - at least it looks like it
> does but I don't happen to have some of those red-blue glasses around
> at the moment to really look at it.

I noticed this too when I happened to be wandering around Hong Kong in
Street View this morning.  Unfortunately I've got no 3D glasses here
to take advantage of it.  I searched google for "3D google street
view" but got no relevant results, so this seems to be an as yet
unannounced new feature.  Is it useful?