[LINK] IPTv

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sun Apr 11 18:32:35 AEST 2010

A NEW VISION: Aussie internet first for Bendigo

ANTHONY RADFORD 08/04/10 <www.bendigoweekly.com/ThreadView.aspx?tid=29770>

A GROUP of Bendigo businesses is set to launch Australia’s first internet
television station.

Bendigo IPTv, or Internet Protocol Television, held its first annual
general meeting last night, and is only weeks away from streaming live.

Bendigo IPTv will screen locally-made information and entertainment
programs directly to computers and modern television sets anywhere in the
world. There are only a handful of IPTv channels available to
Australians, and all are based overseas.

Bendigo IPTv will create and broadcast a daily local news bulletin, with
updates throughout the day and night. Real estate, motoring, cooking,
health, sports, women and youth programs are other areas Bendigo IPTv
will target.

It will feature live streaming and viewers will be able to watch
individual shows after they have been screened. “It is all very much
directed towards all local content,” Mr McLeod said.

Mr McLeod said accessibility to internet television was improving daily.

“With the latest televisions you will be able to plug a simple lead in, a
lot like watching normal television,” he said.

“You also have the option of playing it through your computer directly
from the internet, or to a TV through a BluRay player, a late-model Play
Station or a personal video recorder.

People wishing to see how Bendigo IPTv will look can go to
http://www.bendigoiptv.com  and then click on the link to Sportsnite.

Mr McLeod said Bendigo IPTv would only succeed if local people took up
the opportunity. “We want people to tell us what local programs they’d
like to see,” he said. “We want your feedback on this concept and the
easiest way to do this is to email your suggestions and ideas to us at
info at bendigoiptv.com.

“We have received a lot of interest from people who just want to be
involved.”

--

Cheers,
Stephen