[LINK] End of the filter? Better off without a Stalinist, censorious, Labor government.

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Aug 9 15:04:20 AEST 2010

Philip Argy wrote:
> ... not aware of any boat people having sailed all the way from ... Afghanistan ...

The next speaker in the ANU Political Academy series (last week it was
me on Internet censorship) is Professor Hugh White, Head of the ANU
Strategic & Defence Studies Centre, on the "Future role of the
Australian Defence Force in Afghanistan" at the Australian National
University, Canberra, 6pm, 10 August 2010:
<http://billboard.anu.edu.au/event_view.asp?id=66740>.

Just to keep this on topic for the Link list, shortly I hope to have a
postgraduate student researching how to use the Internet for
international negotiations. If we can help people sort things out
amicably online, there will be less for the defence force to do and
fewer refugees to look after.

But if that fails, the Australian Department of Defence has ordered
touchscreen tablet computers from Elbit Systems for use by troops. The
touchscreen computer, used handheld and mounted in vehicles, has a
screen about the size of an i-Pad:
<http://blog.tomw.net.au/2010/06/ipad-like-tablet-computers-for.html>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au