[LINK] digital drugs: real or not?

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Fri Aug 13 16:02:52 AEST 2010

Excellent Friday topic.

I'm sure it's a theme in several scifi stories I've read.

For one: Snow Crash <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Crash>
http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Crash-Bantam-Spectra-Book/dp/0553380958

I vaguely remember others too.

http://www.i-dose.us/
You can download some for free!!!  Surprisingly the site doesn't
mention the quantum energy benefits!  One of them sounds like putting
your head next to a helicopter another like being on the side of a
busy highway.  After about ten minutes of that I think I'd rather eat
my own head.

Can't see why this is "digital" in particular.  Maybe someone is
trying to sell something?

On 2010/Aug/13, at 3:18 PM, David Goldstein wrote:

> Fairfax media in its typical guise as a quality newspaper
> masquerading as a
> tabloid one

;-)  As opposed to ....

> has a report today on digital drugs. The article starts in
> sensationalist style by asserting "Spaced-out adolescents in
> headphones litter
> YouTube, some panting and others wincing as they listen to droning,
> pulsating
> soundtracks known as iDoses."
>
> But anyone who can bother to read this sensationalist clap trap
> further will
> then see that there is no evidence, so far anyway, that digital
> drugs exist.
>
> So has anyone here ever tried them? Found anything interesting?
>
> The Fairfax tabloid report is at:
>
> Davidhttp://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/digital-drug-peddlers-target-teens-with-idoses-20100813-12231.htmlhttp://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/4022434/Digital-drug-peddlers-target-teens-with-iDoseshttp://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/digital-drug-peddlers-target-teens-with-idoses-20100813-12231.html

This worked better:
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/digital-drug-peddlers-target-teens-with-idoses-20100813-12231.html

--
Kim Holburn