[LINK] Family rescued after GPS blunder

Antony Barry antonybbarry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 15:49:35 AEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Michael Skeggs mike at bystander.net
<mskeggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought a GPS was a silly idea for similar reasons, but the little
> blue dot that updates in real time showing my position on Google maps
> on my iPhone is much more useful than I thought it would be. Of
> course, it leaves the route selection to me.

Very useful on a bike too I've found. Lack of signage on bike paths
and confusing intersections with footpaths can leave me uncertain
which route to take. The iPhone is very handy to sort this out.

Tony

--
Phone:02 6241 7659, Mobile:04 3365 2400, Skype:antonybbarry
Email:tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au, antonybbarry at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/Antony-Barry/1386242004
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au