[LINK] NBN white-elephant-to-be: better spend the $$$ on other things

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu Aug 19 17:19:05 AEST 2010

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
<snip>
> Regarding maintenance: it is the responsibility of the owner of the
> cable. Telstra is responsible up to the network boundary; NBN Co would
> be responsible up to the network termination box.

this is the fusebox...who will supply the power for the
batteries in a strata
how many will be required?

Electricity provides individual meters. How much space will
be required for the NBN stuff?
One of the issues with the solar power is the additional
equipment required. Does the NBN
monitor the batteries? In my experience batteries fail
before I dispose of my laptop or mobile.

Marghanita

<snip>
--
Marghanita da Cruz