[LINK] NBN white-elephant-to-be: better spend the $$$ on other things

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Aug 19 18:21:05 AEST 2010

At 02:43 PM 19/08/2010, Webb, KerryA you wrote:
> > I would probably buy a more budget 20 Mbps plan if / when the NBN
> > arrives, reasoning that I don't need a gigabit per second. But people
> > are mobile;
>
>Some people are mobile.  Most of us are not.

There is also no one saying the wireless data network will disappear,
are they? I mean, can't they both exist, just like wired and wireless
do now? I don't understand this 'either/or' argument. I must say, the
simple explanation by the NBN guy yesterday and in today's Age spells
it all out rather clearly if the opposition would care to open their
minds and read it.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/