[LINK] Body scanners are now mobile vehicle scanners, deployed in vans

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Wed Aug 25 08:34:35 AEST 2010

"Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans"
http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2010/08/24/full-body-scan-technology-deployed-in-street-roving-vans/

"American Science & Engineering, a company based in Billerica, Massachusetts, has sold U.S. and foreign government agencies more than 500 backscatter x-ray scanners mounted in vans that can be driven past neighboring vehicles to see their contents, Joe Reiss, a vice president of marketing at the company told me in an interview. While the biggest buyer of AS&E's machines over the last seven years has been the Department of Defense operations in Afghanistan and Iraq, Reiss says law enforcement agencies have also deployed the vans to search for vehicle-based bombs in the U.S. ...

"From a privacy standpoint, I'm hard-pressed to see what the concern or objection could be," he says."

No, Joe, no privacy concerns there at all...

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia