[LINK] BlueCava tracks individual devices, assigns creditworthiness

Steven Clark steven.clark at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 2 12:10:36 AEDT 2010

On 02/12/10 11:23, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> At 10:13 AM 2/12/2010, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>
>> My own browser report: Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique
>> among the 1,280,081
>> tested so far.
> Yes, this is a case where being unique is not a good thing. It would
> be useful to have the relative value returned, in my case
> 19.29 bits of identifying information.
> what that means. Is that a good score or a bad score? How can I change it?
> BTW, the figure of the plugin data changed from one check to another
> and I didn't change anything in the browser.
*you* didn't ... which is part of the point :D

--
Steven R Clark, BSc(Hons) LLB/LP(Hons) /Flinders/, MACS, Barrister &
Solicitor

PhD Scholar
School of Commerce, Division of Business
City West Campus, University of South Australia (UniSA)
http://www.unisanet.unisa.edu.au/students/homepage.asp?Name=Steven.Clark
<http://people.unisa.edu.au/Steven.Clark>

Deputy Director, Community Engagement Board (CEB)
Chair, Economic, Legal and Social Issues Committee (ELSIC)
Australian Computer Society (ACS)
http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=acscas
<http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=acscas>

*Disclaimer:* This is email is not legal advice. Comments and statements
above are based on my understanding of the issues at hand, and my
attempts to understand them. They are intended to add to, and elicit
discussion. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions and statements
are mine, not those of UniSA or the ACS.