[LINK] .co

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Thu Dec 9 14:18:27 AEDT 2010

My antennae aren't what they used to be.

I just mis-typed in my browser entry-window

             <domainname>.co

instead of

             <domainname>.com

Up bobbed a placeholder-page.

Eh??  I said to myself.

I'd missed this paricular development:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_code_top-level_domain#Unconventional_usage
>The .co domain of Colombia has generated significant interest as a
>potential competitor to generic TLDs for commercial use given its
>possible use as the abbreviation for the word "company".[6] In June
>and July 2010 .co was opened for public registrations.

[But it's only fair that .co be reserved for drug cartels, right?]

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916