[LINK] Ebooks for government reports?

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Wed Feb 10 14:46:33 AEDT 2010

Craig Sanders wrote:
<snip>
> when ebook readers (or ebook software on netbooks and laptops) are as
> common as laptops, reading ebooks for things like reports WILL be the
> preferred access method. mostly because it's something that can be read
> on the train in to work without lugging around 10 kilos of paper. lots
> of public servants and other office workers who have to read such things
> as part of their jobs take public transport because parking in cities
> is expensive and tends to be more inconvenient than parking near their
> local train station (or just getting the tram or bus).
<snip>
...yes, a friend who returned from a slow boat down the
Ganges, commented how envious she was of one of her fellow
passengers Kindle. She had to wait to get home before she
could finish reading the hardback version of Vikram Seth's
tome "A suitable Boy", which I had lent her.
<http://astore.amazon.com/ramincommunic-20/detail/0060786523>

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz