[LINK] Grocery Choice?

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Fri Feb 12 18:22:34 AEDT 2010

David Boxall wrote:

> <http://www.woolworths.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Website/Woolworths/Whats-New/Price-Check/>
> Didn't someone say that anything like this would be technically
> impossible or ruinously expensive?

You prolly know this already, but this feature does not compare prices
with competitors. It simply lists current prices and specials.
Not very challenging to implement out of their own databases.
Piece of cake I would have thought. Although one can use it to
discover the differential pricing used by Woolies across postcodes ;)

My comment on this service: the form data is NOT submitted when you
hit the ENTER key. Confusing. The buttons are linked to Javascript
that not only does not provide feedback that the input was accepted
and is being processed, but sometimes the buttons do not work at all.

When I encountered the "Accept these TOCs" pop up, the page only showed
a Cancel button, even after I accepted the TOCs. On a second attempt
I found that accepting the TOCs and then moving the popup window physically
to the right on the screen forced the Continue button to appear.

Another example of over-engineering and clear violation of CUA guidelines.

cheers
rickw