[LINK] {SPAM 01.1} Re: Inaccessible web sites

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Tue Feb 16 08:32:38 AEDT 2010

David Boxall wrote:
>>> ... <http://www.sanctuaryenergy.com.au/>  with shields at
>>> maximum, nothing works. ...
> It looks like the menu bar is all javascript. With js disabled, the site
> is inaccessible. ...

Yes. Without Javascript and Flash, all I get is the heading of
the web page with no links at all, making the site useless (apart from
being an indication that this is not a company I want to do
business with).

> I wonder how the sites rate for accessibility by the disabled.

The home page fails an automated test (TAW <http://www.tawdis.net/>)
with two Priority 1, sixty one Priority 2 and six Priority 3 problems.

The company is specifically marketing to Retirement Villages:
<http://www.sanctuaryenergy.com.au/Packages-retirement.html>.

It seems odd they would not provide a web page which residents of such
villages would be able to read easily.

--
Tom Worthington FACS HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au