[LINK] Can Woolies keep price list URL a secret?

Lea de Groot lealink at viking.org.au
Fri Feb 19 13:09:53 AEDT 2010

On 19/02/10 11:41 AM, Stewart Carter wrote:
> "The site's URL may not be displayed on any website without Woolworths'
> written permission."

Well, you can send it to the list.
That is 'via email', not 'on a website'.
(Any archiving policy of this list is beyond your control.)
That'll mean its not secret, but meets the letter of their demand.

and - what is 'displaying'? If I link to it from a website page with the
link text 'woolworths pricing' then the link is Not displayed on the site.

Its very strange - they are saying we can't talk about them?
Can you imagine a advert with the fine print 'you may not tell anyone
where to find our shop'. Weird.

I cant imagine any judge finding it enforceable if it went to court.

Lea
--
Lea de Groot
Brisbane, .au