[LINK] ICANN's non-Latin domain names

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sun Jan 3 13:59:05 AEDT 2010

On 2010/Jan/03, at 1:16 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> In Firefox on Linux, the remapping is visible.

In firefox on the mac the url shows as http://www.xn--maana-pta.com/.
In Safari it shows as http://mañana.com/.  If I spoke only Spanish or
if it were a Chinese site and I spoke only Chinese you would want to
see the URL in your own language.  It's be nice to have some way of
seeing the actual "code" of the URL though.

I wonder though, what will happen when you get various mixtures of
languages in the one URL, say Chinese TLD and korean 2LD and russian
domain.