[LINK] NBN and net neutrality principles

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Jan 10 08:51:40 AEDT 2010

http://www.9news.com/money/article.aspx?storyid=130434&catid=344
Interesting article in the US when a network 'owner' sees its
interests in other media threatened by unbridled users through file
sharing or even ITV or netphone.

The other issue this raises in my mind is the tension between net
neutrality principles on the basis of not restricting competition and
the pressure to enforce copyright. This problem isn't raised in the
article. So what takes precedence? AND is this part of the NBN
discussion at all? What powers does ACMA have in this regard for NBN
governance?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com