[LINK] NSW data centres

Peter Bowditch peter at ratbags.com
Wed Jan 13 10:22:31 AEDT 2010

> THE NSW government has received 17 submissions from organisations
> interested in consolidating the state's 130 large and small data
> centres into two environmentally friendly facilities

Ahh, nostalgia.

When I first started working with computers it was at the NSW Treasury's
Service Bureau, which centralised all the computing operations of the
state government into one installation. I wish we'd thought of calling it
a data centre.

What's that Peter Allen song again? Everything old is ...".

--
Peter Bowditch
The Millenium Project - http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles

Sponsor me in the World's Greatest Shave
http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/personalPage.aspx?SID=88852