[LINK] Crikey: 'Google a 'honeypot' for authoritarian governments'

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Fri Jan 15 07:07:27 AEDT 2010

On 14/01/2010, at 5:27 PM, Roger Clarke wrote:
> At 15:50 +1100 14/1/10, Geordie Guy wrote:
>> There is no system at Google where someone can type my Google
>> username and bring up a comprehensive dossier of me.  ...
>
> (1)  That may or may not be the case.  I don't think I made the
>      assertion, or even assumption, that you ascribe to me

Are you guys aware of Google Dashboard, which allows you to "View and manage all the data stored with this account"? https://www.google.com/dashboard/ It was announced in November 2009. http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2009/11/google-dashboard.html

Even if there is not such a system for compiling everything Google knows about a person, Google's just a humungous big bunch of databases with a unique user ID across all of them, built by a company that tends to build an API into everything. Sounds like it'd take about half an hour to write such a thing.

Enjoy!

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia