[LINK] Bath books & trove replacing LA

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Jan 15 09:36:38 AEDT 2010

Paul Koerbin wrote:
>... There was a recent message sent to this list about 'bath books' ...

Yes, that was my book "Green Technology Strategies: Using computers and
telecommunications to reduce carbon emissions":
<http://www.tomw.net.au/green/>.

> Firstly, the phrase 'bath books' is being used in error. ...

Yes, it is a paperback and unlikely to be suitable for children to read
in the bath.

> The National Library and Thorpe-Bowker are investigating the issue to
> find a solution. ...

Good, I have just released a hardback edition for libraries and was
worried it might be listed as a chewable book for babies:
<http://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/green-technology-strategies/8207986>.

;-)

By the way yours are not the only book systems with problems. The
process of producing a hardback edition of an existing paperback book
was something which should have taken a couple of minutes using a Print
on Demand system, but took hours:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2010/01/green-technology-strategies-hardback.html>.

>The records appear in the National Library's catalogue ...

No, I searched the NLA catalogue for my book but did not find it:
<http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Search/Home?lookfor[]=Green+Technology+Strategies&combinator[]=phrase&type[]=title&bool[]=AND&lookfor[]=Worthington&combinator[]=and&type[]=author>.

--
Tom Worthington FACS HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au