[LINK] Google Sharing

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Thu Jan 21 15:59:48 AEDT 2010

Google searches are one thing but what about google-analytics?  I
usually surf with firefox with among other things the extensions
noscript and ghostery.  *Most* websites I visit have scripts from
google-analytics.  It's getting scarey.  What do they actually do?

I have noticed that a number of sites have google-analytics scripts
embedded in such a way that videos don't work unless google-analytics
is allowed to run.  Other sites, for example Hoyts today, I couldn't
buy a movie ticket unless I allowed google-analytics.

Kim

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant