[LINK] Fwd: MR80-2010: New IP content services taking off in Australia [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Jul 1 07:37:27 AEST 2010

On 01/07/2010, at 7:26 AM, Andy Farkas wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Antony Barry
> <tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> The report is available on the ACMA’s website http://www.emailhosts.com/ct/ctcount.php?key=009095960098113400002125
>>>

> Erm, whats the go with this URL? Doesn't look like an ACMA website URL...

That's the URL within the mailing list management software that ACMA uses.

The key would be a unique identifier for each email sent. In a commercial environment that's used to track how many email are opened and when, which can give an indication of which customers are most keen. In a government environment, I would ask why it's necessary to individually track email opening and whether there are privacy implications.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia