[LINK] Fanatacism [WAS: iPads]

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue Jun 1 18:23:38 AEST 2010

grove at zeta.org.au wrote:

> Then these gamers grew up and joined the
> workforce.   What OS will they use?   The one they can take home
> and pirate, of course.
>
> MS has lived by this and have garnered much mindshare with it.   The games
> lead the now IT advisors and consultants to have vast familiarity with
> MS products, in an effort to get more out of their systems.

This quote from my collection of sigs may be apocryphal, but it
sounds about right:

"As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll
  get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime
  in the next decade." -- Bill Gates, Chairman, Microsoft Corp, 1998

cheers
rickw