[LINK] Apple iPads for Victorian School Students

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Wed Jun 2 13:29:18 AEST 2010

Ivan wrote:

> I've spent a few minutes with netbooks to tell me that they are
> inferior to a slab of butter.

I've spent plenty of time with netbooks and I can confirm that they're
not only hard to spread on toast but that they taste terrible.

For use as computers, though, I'd find it hard to live without one. In
fact I'd say that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread,
providing you use butter of course. Being able to chuck mine in my
backpack and use it for everything that I use my full-sized computer for
while I'm travelling around is simply brilliant.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about the iPud but, at the moment, I'm
not convinced that it's any kind of substitute for my Eee.

Fred