[LINK] Steve Jobs: Great unwashed don't need PCs

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Jun 3 14:50:10 AEST 2010

On 03/06/2010, at 2:41 PM, David Goldstein wrote:
> One thing that seems to be missed here is Apple censors anything that is remotely sex-orientation from the Apple apps store.
>
> Which is a disturbing issue that seems to be not cared about here.
>
> So maybe we don't have to care about what the Australian government might or might not do, Apple will do it for them.

And this is the nub of it. A government has to balance the competing interests in society and come up with an acceptable compromise. A corporation has to take care of its shareholders, which means forbidding anything which has the potential to damage their brand.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia