[LINK] Steve Jobs: Great unwashed don't need PCs

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Jun 3 16:14:53 AEST 2010

On 03/06/2010, at 4:03 PM, Ivan Trundle wrote:
> On 03/06/2010, at 3:57 PM, David Goldstein wrote:
>> So then an internet service provider choosing to block content for their own reasons is OK too I presume? And then assuming this to be the case, you must *not* be a supporter of net neutrality either?
>
> Straw man logic. Apple are not blocking content, they are choosing what to sell in their store. As far as I am concerned, if an ISP wishes to set itself up as a 'filtered provider', then this is fine by me - I simply won't choose them, but others might.

And, indeed, that's exactly what Webshield does. http://webshield.com.au/ They've identified a market for content-filtered for homes, schools, workplaces, and provided the controls you'd need.

Well, I assume they have. I'm not a customer and haven't tried their service.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia