[LINK] Federal police asked to probe Google

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jun 6 22:30:53 AEST 2010

At 10:17 PM 6/06/2010, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

>A plea of mitigation might be valid, even if it doesn't change the fact
>that a law was broken.

It may be valid, as in true, but is it enough to allow them off the
hook? I thought ignorance wasn't a defence here. If corporations want
the privilege of 'personhood', they can't claim ignorance. It's their
responsibility to not break laws. I don't think 'intent' comes into
this, do you? It's going to be an interesting one to watch.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/