[LINK] [OT] Recommendations for a tool to map an enterprise

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jun 9 20:20:29 AEST 2010

Anthony writes,

> we need to find better ways to visualise all the interactions that are
> happening to aid future planning and systems development, risk and
> impact assessment of changes etc. So I really want to map out visually
> the technologies we use, their purpose, data flows between them etc and
> am looking for recommendations for a tool that allows us to generate a
> high-level representation that can be drilled down into for the detail..

A free, easy and initial starting point may be to consider Google tools?

For example a url-link for a google 'site search' in 'wonderwheel' view?

For eg, taking ANU as an example, i think the following link may provide
something like what you are seeking in an app, Anthony, in part, anyway?

<http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&tbo=1&tbs=ww%3A1&q=site%
3A+anu.edu.au&btnG=Search>

Just a starting thought, for something you can use now, to clarify ideas?

Cheers,
Stephen