[LINK] Government could demand Web history

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jun 12 08:28:09 AEST 2010

Gee, a fact or two would be a nice thing ... something traceable that
gets beyond speculation.

My reading of the European directive is that it doesn't require
retention of browsing history (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong). So
is the AG's department considering aligning with the EU (not collecting
records of sites visited) or going further than the EU? I haven't read
any story in which the journalist noticed the distinction.

And oh! goody! our rights are to be defended yet again by EFA, whose
record hardly portrays a highly effective and successful lobbying
organisation ... <sigh>

RC