[LINK] Delimiter: "OzLog won’t include web history: AG"

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Tue Jun 15 11:12:08 AEST 2010

On 15/06/2010 8:45 AM, Stilgherrian wrote:
> 'The office of Attorney-General Robert McLelland today [Monday] denied
> reports that a controversial data retention policy -- dubbed "OzLog"
> online -- being considered by his department could see Australians'
> web browsing history tracked by internet service providers.
>
> "This is not about web browser history," said McLelland's media
> liaison Adam Siddique in a brief telephone conversation. "It's purely
> about being able to identify and verify identities online," he added,
> linking the initiative to the ability for law enforcement to track
> criminals online. [snip]'
>
> http://delimiter.com.au/2010/06/14/ozlog-wont-include-web-history-ag/
>
> So there. Apparently.
As history so clearly demonstrates, our politicians would never lie to
us. Of course not, no more than they'd later extend a policy beyond all
decency.

Where the Internet is concerned, our government is like a pubescent boy
who's discovered Vaseline. Can't keep their hands off it.

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill