[LINK] Ergas article in the Oz

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Jun 28 09:28:40 AEST 2010

At 08:55 AM 28/06/2010, Richard Chirgwin wrote:
>  Ergas ignores both the
>detail of proposed USO funding and current USO funding.]
>
>It's very hard for outsiders to unpick the details of policy and
>argument, which makes it incumbent on experts to be very careful and
>transparent in their handling of facts.

I went to the original article to find out who wrote this. It is
listed as a political opinion piece in the URL, but there is no
indication on the article itself (no breadcrumb back links) to know
what section it's in. Unfortunately, unlike The Age, the Oz doesn't
provide biographical information on this person to indicate his
agenda, or even his alliances. In this case, those alliances are important.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ergas

This page has a precis of his articles:
http://www.greenwhiskers.com.au/ (perhaps this page is prepared by
Henry himself? Yes, the about page shows just that.)
He is quite prolific on Telecom policy areas.

Oh, and he also writes for the IPA, that 'great' think tank in
Melbourne that general serves the interests of the conservative side
of politics.
http://www.ipa.org.au/people/henry-ergas
He's sort of listed as one of the IPA people, but if you go to the
link for People, he's not listed.

Crikey considers him in Pure Poison.
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/purepoison/category/henry-ergas/

Jan