[LINK] Your Medicare records online

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Wed Mar 3 13:32:56 AEDT 2010

On 03/03/2010, at 1:21 PM, Kim Holburn wrote:

> What's wrong with people looking after their own records?

Would be fine if we carried them with us at all times (maybe on the smart card stapled to our body, or perhaps an under-skin implant - though you wouldn't want to enter a hospital without the body part that contained the chip or card).

I'd prefer to see medical information in a place where it can be accessed by those who need to see it, with my direct or implied consent.

If I get wheeled into a medical facility in some outpost in an uncommunicative state, I'd hope that they had all relevant history before taking any action.

Cheers

iT