[LINK] Your Medicare records online

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Mar 3 14:40:26 AEDT 2010

> If I get wheeled into a medical facility in some outpost in an
> uncommunicative state, I'd hope that they had all relevant history
> before taking any action.  Cheers iT

Agreed. In this small country-town-outpost, we have a medical practice
that is sometimes staffed by a doctor (it varies a lot) and when it is
it's fairly often by some unknown young newbie locum.

And at the larger town practices (all at least an hour or so away) the
waiting list is several months. Thus, as a result, residents here tend
to have a catch-doctor-as-catch-can medial consultation history.

If these newbie doctors, (to us, and fairly often, newbie to medicine
doctors) which we are sometimes lucky to be able to consult, (country
medical-staffing is quickly getting worse) all have medical histories
readily available, i think the health of country folk especially will
surely benefit. At least, it might help newbie docs to avoid mistakes.

It's fine for city-centric folk who have the luxury of permanence and
choice in terms of doctors, and health care, but we country folk with
very patchy (literally) medical care, really need some form of record
keeping of our medical records which are available literally anywhere.

Cheers,
Stephen