[LINK] EU stand up to ACTA

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Sun Mar 7 12:49:09 AEDT 2010

Europe 'will not accept' three strikes in Acta treaty

The European Commission has pledged to make sure the Acta global
treaty will not force countries to disconnect people for unlawfully
downloading copyrighted music, movies and other material.

The assurance from the office of the trade commissioner, Karel De
Gucht (pictured), is the strongest statement on Acta (the
Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement) to emerge from the new
Commission since it took office earlier in February.

"We are not
supporting...<http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,40057434,00.htm>Read
More...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia